Become a CPFT Governor or member

Join the Trust as a member

The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a designated University of Cambridge Teaching Trust providing integrated physical and mental health services for adults and older people; specialist mental health and learning disability services; children and young people’s mental health
services; children’s community services (Peterborough); social care; and ground-breaking research.
They are looking for new members to join their Trust. Membership is free and you just need to be over the age of 16. As a member you’ll have access to the following benefits:

  • Have your say and help us to continuously improve our services
  • Receive seasonal newsletters to keep you informed
  • Attend members’ health talks
  • Vote for our Governors or why not stand for election yourself?
  • Get involved in fund-raising for Head to Toe, our Trust charity
  • Access the My Trust Benefits scheme for savings at hundreds of well-known brands and retailers

You can join the membership scheme online by visiting the CPFT website.

Become a Governor

One of the guiding principles of being an NHS Foundation Trust is that they are accountable to local people. Their elected Council of Governors at Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT) help shape the way they plan and deliver their integrated community, mental health and learning disability services across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. They consist of members of the public, past and present service users, carers and CPFT staff who hold the Board of Directors to account and formally ratify decisions made by the Board of Directors.

Who can become a Governor?

Anyone over the age of 18 who lives in the UK. You don’t have to be an expert in healthcare, but be interested in shaping the future of CPFT and having a say in important decisions. They look for
enthusiastic people who can bring their unique experience to the organisation. You must become a member of their Trust to apply to become a Governor.

To apply, just fill in a short form. For more information or if you have any questions, email