The CWC monthly newsletter will return in Sept with a new online format. Here is some brief news for Aug. and the Prayer Diary
- CWC adjust Helpline – At our recent Trustees meeting we decided to continue offering the helpline but to readjust how it is operated and promoted especially as there are many crisis helplines operating. For our service we feel people needing help may not feel ‘at crisis point’ and may not want to speak to someone in the first instance. Therefore we are repositioning the service as a Listening service where people can leave a voicemail message for a trained volunteer or send an email. More details available here as we start promoting this on LinkedIn as well as Facebook to reach more people.
- Workplace Chaplaincy Mission offer a video of advice for those worried about their work. You can also read their nationwide newsletter here
- Congratulations to everyone at Garden House Peterborough who recently welcomed HRH The Duke of Cambridge. During the pandemic the Garden House has supported over 150 people in 4 different hotels, kept the Garden House open as the only bastion of support for people on the streets in Peterborough and prepared a new multi-agency community support team to help people keep their homes. The Garden House provided the most amazing setting and a genuine interest and passion from HRH to help people move off the streets was clear for all to hear and see. Read the full story here
- CWC Bursary Scheme – this is open to more applications from chaplains for this round closing 31st August. Read more and how to apply here
- Survey results – thank you to all those who completed our survey where we asked Chaplains and supporters for their feedback. A full report will be in next month’s newsletter but we’re delighted the results confirmed our thinking on what Chaplains need support with and we will continue to develop this offering. A brief summary of feedback is available here